Master Licenses allow you to take an unlimited number of passengers on inspected vessels. They have tonnage limitations and are issued in 25 ton, 50 ton, 100 tons depending on your experience and sea time evaluation. A sailing endorsement is required for operation sailboats under a master license. Operator of an Uninspected Passenger Vessel (O.U.P.V. or "6 Pack") Licenses are Captain's Licenses that limit you to uninspected vessels with a maximum of 6 passengers. The Class is the same, your experience will dictate the license that you receive. Possible Employment opportunity includes: Dive Boat Captain, Sport Fishing Captain, Ferryboat Captain...
O.U.P.V./”Six Pack” Requirements
• 18 Years of Age • 360 Days of Sea Service (4-hrs equals one day)
• 90 Days of which must be ocean going for Near Coastal or license limited to Inland Waters
• 90 Days of Sea Service must be in the last 3 years
• If not a us citizen you will be restricted to less than 5 tons
• Click here to download the actual USCG O.U.P.V. Checklist.
• Same requirements as OUPV with the following additions:
• For a Near Coastal route, you need 720 total days with at least 360 of these on Near Coastal waters.
• For a sailing endorsement, minimum of 360 days on sailing vessels
• Tonnage is awarded by the size of vessel on which a minimum of 45 days of recent time has been accrued.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• Click here to download the actual USCG Master 100 Ton Checklist.